Valentine’s day is around the corner and it can sometimes be a struggle to come up with unique and out of the ordinary ideas. Whilst a fancy dinner out can be lovely it can also be fun to mix things up a bit and do something a little different to celebrate your relationship or your single status.
As this day for loving falls on a Thursday you can make some memorable plans that can spill over into the weekend and here are some ideas to help you do just that…
- Put out at mini golf. Don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like mini golf, and you can get competitive at Champions golf mini golf course.
- Head off the island to one of Singapore’s neighbouring islands like Pulau Ubin for a day spent biking around the historic kampong culture or how about a short ferry ride over to Batam for a relaxing spa day spent together at a fraction of the price in Singapore.
- It doesn’t get more romantic than star gazing. I recently discovered that you can visit the Singapore Observatory every Friday evening from 7.50pm to look through the powerful telescopes and question the Science experts on hand so you can sound like a real pro.
- Get outside and enjoy the Singapore great outdoors and keep fit by taking a hike at MacRitchie, bike ride the East Coast, go paddle boarding at Tanjong beach on Sentosa or wake boarding at Ponggol.
- Escape the high rise and indulge in a relaxing staycation by heading over to Sentosa and staying at one of their luxurious resorts, such as Capella or the W Hotel.
- You know what they say a couple who cooks together stays together – why don’t you try learning a new skill at a Cookery Class such as Expat Kitchen or Palate Sensations.
- The Prudential Marina Bay Carnival is back and is packed with over 40 rides and heaps of games to choose from in order to impress your other half!
What are you up to this weekend?
You can follow all of my behind the scenes fun on Instagram and Facebook.