Living in a hot country at Christmas time is definitely a bit strange for an English girl like me who is used to the frosty mornings and cold winds. I have definitely come to realize that a huge part of Christmas for me is the donning of a coat, scarf and gloves to keep me warm in the cold weather whilst Christmas shopping before coming home and snuggling by the fire. Cooling off in front of the air con doesn’t quite have the same feel.
CLICK HERE for where to SHOP for the BEST GIFTS this Christmas.
- Winter Wonderland at Gardens by the Bay – This opened last Friday and consists of a winter wonderland in one of the domes, a European market at the bottom of the Supertrees. Plus the supertrees have a Christmas light display with a soundtrack of your favourite Christmas music from 6pm-10pm every night until January 1st 2015.
- Christmas on Orchard Road – On the first Saturday of each month Orchard road is pedestrianized, even better now the lights are up and you can enjoy shopping without having to wait for those infuriatingly slow traffic lights!
- Artists’ Market, Dhoby Ghaut Green – Being held on the 13th December, this event plays host to Caroling and other performances plus an artist market to purchase some unique gifts.
- All things Bright and Beautiful Concert at the Esplanade – If music is more your thing then there is a choral concert being held on the 13th December by the Singapore Lyric Opera Children’s Choir with some Christmas classics in their repertoire.
Or if you are looking for somewhere special for your Christmas Date Night in the form of food and drink, how about trying one of the following:
- For the Intimate drink – Maison Ikkoku, Little India. Review here.
- For the Jazz lovers – b28, Ann Siang Hill.
- For Rooftop Romance – Potato Head Folks, Keong Siak Road. Review here.
- For the Sushi lovers – Tatsuya, Goodwood Park Hotel, Scotts Road.
I hope that helps – let me know if you have any other suggestions to get my Christmas fix.