To see more Book recommendations and ‘Must read’ lists CLICK HERE.
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
6. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
8. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
9. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) by George R.R. Martin
10. The Mummifier’s Daughter (Book 1 of the Mummifier’s Daughter series) by Nathaniel Burns
11. A Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer
12. Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
13. The Kashmir Shawl by Rosie Thomas
As some of you will know by now my favourite kind of novel is one, which merges the past with the present and usually, involves a family member tracking down the secrets of their ancestry. Mariana by Susanna Kearsley fits this genre perfectly and put simply I loved it. Set in an English village with a strong sense of sentimentality and romance, this story weaved its way between the current day and the seventeenth century effortlessly.
I am almost finished with The Kashmir Shawl, which again chronicles the fictional journey of a granddaughter seeking to discover more about the grandmother she never knew and her time as a missionary wife in 1940s Kashmir. I love learning about history and different cultures and this book is teaching me about a part of the world I have to admit I didn’t know much about before.
Tell me what your favourite books are from 2015 by commenting below, I would love to know!