Here are 10 need to know facts on Hong Kong…
1. “Hong Kong” actually means Fragrant Harbour.
2. Hong Kong comprises of more than 200 islands with terrain from steep mountains to flat lowlands.
3. More than 7 million people live in Hong Kong and 95% of the population are from Chinese descent.
4. The official language is English and Cantonese.
5. The main exports of Hong Kong are electronic goods, watches, clocks and textiles such as clothing and footwear.
6. There are 4 main areas: Hong Kong island, Kowloon, the New Territories and a group of smaller islands.
7. There are more Rolls Royce cars per capita than anywhere else in the world.
8. Hong Kong has the most skyscrapers in the world.
9. On average over 11,000 people ride the Peak Tram every day or more than 4 million annually.
10. The people of Hong Kong consume triple the world average of tea at a total of 9.8 million kg per year, which equates to 1.4 kg of tea per person per year.